An explosion of omicron. That projects the prestigious State Serum Institute of Denmark, experts in infectious diseases. According to the institution’s chief epidemiologist, Tyra Grove Krause, the variance will peak in late January and early February, and then lead to a decrease in infections. In any case, the expert hopes that we will return to normal life in the next two months.
MIRA: Denmark registers a new daily record of coronavirus infections due to the omicron boom
“I think we will [a la ómicron] in the next two months, and then I hope the infection starts to subside “, Krause said in an interview at the station Danish TV2, regarding the possibility of the pandemic ending in the coming weeks. He also noted that Danish authorities hope that the COVID-19 threat will end before March, and that medical consultations for omicron decrease with the passing of the weeks in the country, which yesterday presented a decrease in the number of infections of coronavirus, reaching 2,800 new cases according to the Our World in Data portal.
- Anti-vaccine husbands who have been married for 25 years died of coronavirus the same day
- The Bogdanoff brothers, the most famous twins in France, die of coronavirus six days apart
- World record: the United States registers more than a million cases of coronavirus in 24 hours
For the epidemióloga Tyra Grove Krause, omicron can become since there is half the risk of hospitalization in the case of infection, unlike what happens with the delta variant.
That is why the Danes are betting on a drop in deaths and more complex pictures of coronavirus in patients admitted to medical establishments. “In February we will see a decrease in pressure from infections and a decrease in pressure on the health care system,” Krause comments in that sense.
The State Serum Institute yesterday also released its latest study on omicron, which confirms that there is greater transmission between unvaccinated people and a reduced transmission for those who have received the booster dose. On the other hand, the scientists who conducted the study believe that this variant is already prevalent in several places in the world, above delta.
Anyway, the person in charge of the State Serum Institute, Grove Krause, is clear: “Ómicron is here to stay, and that will provide a massive spread of the infection in the next month. When it’s over, we’ll be in a better place than before. ” Despite the hopeful projection, the expert also warns that “We will have to make an effort in January, because it will be difficult to go through it.”
- The day that ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán left a city without roses to bury his son
- Mexico will require a visa from Venezuelans to prevent them from reaching the United States
- The murdered actress Tania Mendoza and her love for the Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva
- “My husband cut off my hands with an ax”
- Tania Mendoza, actress of “La mera reina del sur” is shot to death in Mexico